Brett Ullman | Nov 2, 2020 | 0
New online course – media.faith.culture – the disconnect
The concept and presence of media has become the modern-day parable that has forever altered how we interact with our world. What I have come to realize is a growing disconnect – both youth and parents are struggling with applying their Christian beliefs to the media that daily engages them.
When we interact with our culture, we take action and, when we think about what we are absorbing, we connect it to ourselves and our lives. As Christians, we need to actively be involved with our culture without blindly accepting it as true. Pascal said it wonderfully, “The greatest enemy of the spiritual life was inattention, complacency.”
No more thoughtless watching.
No more thoughtless listening.
No more thoughtless online activity.
No more thoughtless anything…
Christianity is a strategic, intentional daily pursuit.
- Introduction – Who is Brett and what is this talk about?
- Media – How should we interact with media today? Music, TV, social media, and video games?
- Faith – Why worldview is important and how we can get a Christian worldview.
- Culture – How should we engage in the culture around us? Separate from the world? Engage the world?
- Conclusion and resources – Where do we go from here?
- Bonus Parents video – some thoughts on this conversation from a parenting standpoint.
I hope this course equips and empowers you to engage the world of media. There is a ton of practical content in the videos. I hope you enjoy the course.
The course can be found here.