Christian Parenting Book. Are you looking to become a better parent? 16 chapters 226,000 words
New book on Christian Parenting! As someone who has spoken in the Christain community for over 2 decades one of the most common emails is a church, camp. or conference asking me to come in and speak on Christian parenting. After 3 years of work my new book Parenting: Navigating Everything is now available. This book is a large handbook covering a range of topics that parents can use for a starting place for growing in this area of parenting. The book is 226,000 words, has 16 chapters, and 660 citations. I wanted to give you as many voices as I could on all the topics. Below are some places where you can pick up a copy.
1. From my website. Book is $39.99 plus $15 shipping (Canadian Shipping only – US friends please use Amazon)- https://www.brettullman.com/product/parenting-navigating-everything/
2. Amazon – https://amzn.to/3cbqoSg
Once you get your copy if you could post a review on amazon that would be really helpful. It might not seem like a big thing but reviews help my ranking on Amazon in the area of Christian Parenting. Thanks for your support.
Below is a promotional video I made for the book. Check it out
Christian Parenting Resource: Parenting Navigating Everything
After more than two decades and over two thousand presentations, my interactions with parents reveal that although most want to learn and parent their best, they feel ill-equipped. Kids don’t come with manuals. The goal of this book is to equip and empower you as a parent, grandparent, or youth leader to help kids navigate all aspects of life in the current culture. How do we sift through the unending philosophies on parenting and be intentional in how we choose what’s best for our family? The number of voices is overwhelming. This book distills the essential elements of parenting so you can apply them in your own home. It approaches parenting from a Christian perspective and is filled with practical advice that is applicable to everyone. As we explore the foundations of parenting, we will look at:
1. Parenting. What are the stages of parenting? What is the current state of parenting? What is the purpose of parenting?
2. Parenting styles. What are they and which ones should I be using? What might I need to alter about my current parenting style?
3. Progression of parenting. What are the skills our children need to learn?
4. Time. What does quality time and being present with my kids look like?
5. Communication. How can I gain better communication skills so that I can more effectively connect with my kids?
6. Discipline. How do I effectively discipline my children?
7. Family discipleship. Why is our worldview important, and how we can raise kids with a Christian worldview?
8. Mental Health. How do we address issues like anxiety, panic attacks, and depression?
9. Engaging the Culture. How do we empower our kids to engage the culture around us without compromising their faith?
10. Media. How can we help our kids navigate technology?
11. Sexuality. How do we direct our kids towards healthy sexuality?
12. Pornography. What is the prevalence of pornography and how do we address its impact on our kids?
13. Dating. How do we best avoid pitfalls in dating?
14. Finances and education. How can we help our children make sound financial and education choices?
15. Drugs and alcohol. What tools are available to assist in drug-proofing our kids?
16. Loneliness. How do we prevent disconnection in our kids and help them to create community?
I am currently working on a study guide for the book to help you walk through this book on your own, as a couple, or in a small group. Many churches are already doing a “Christian Parenting” small group while walking through this book.
I will often use the term Christian parenting because the content does all look at parenting from a Christian perspective. The book however contains practical parenting content that can be used by anyone.