I read about 10 books for my chapter I was writing on drugs and alcohol. This was by far one of the most interesting books on the topic of drugs/alcohol, addiction etc. A great read for anyone.
Check out the full description click the amazon links below.
Amazon (Canada) – https://amzn.to/2EjCCsx
Amazon (US) – https://amzn.to/2NiHpxA
From Amazon: There is a host of questions to be considered. Among them:
• What are the causes of addictions?
• What is the nature of the addiction-prone personality?
• What happens physiologically in the brains of addicted people?
• How much choice does the addict really have?
• Why is the “War on Drugs” a failure and what might be a humane, evidence-based approach to the treatment of severe drug addiction?
• What are some of the paths for redeeming addicted minds not dependent on powerful substances–that is, how do we approach the healing of the many