Parenting: Navigating Everything – Online Course
Click the “Online Course” button above or click here
This course is great for individual parents or can be done as a 6-week small group study.
After more than 2,000 presentations over the span of 22 years, my interactions with many parents reveal that although most want to learn and parent their best, they feel ill-equipped. Kids don’t come with manuals. The goal of this book is to equip and empower you as a parent, grandparent, or youth leader to help kids navigate all aspects of life in the current culture.
We all want the best for our kids, but how do we sift through the unending philosophies that are available on parenting and be intentional in how we choose what is best for our family? The number of voices speaking into this issue is overwhelming. This talk has distilled the essential elements of parenting and will help you to apply them in your own home. This talk approaches parenting from a Christian perspective and is filled with practical advice that is applicable to everyone.
1. Parenting – Introduction. What are the stages of parenting? What is the current state of parenting? What is the purpose of parenting?
2. Parenting Styles – What are they and which ones should I be using? What might I need to alter about my current parenting style?
3. Time – What does quality time and being present with my kids look like?
4. Communication – How can I learn better communication skills so that I can more effectively connect with my kids?
5. Discipline – How do I effectively discipline my children?
6. Conclusion and resources – Where do we go from here?