All parents need to discipline their kids. Some great quick thought here.
What breaks a child spirit?
1. We do not listen
2. Disciplining without explanation
3. Ignoring their opinions and requests – they have person hood and deep emotions
4. Making Demeaning Comparisons
5. Using fearful words. you never you always.
6. Expressing misdirected anger – take out on child your own stuff
7. Criticize when they have done their best – never good enough
8. Failure to be loving towards them
9. Failure to provide good things for them to look forward to
Check your motives
1. Check your motives
2. Carefully explain the reason.
3. Use a loving tone of voice
4. Never disciplines in anger
5. Keep your promises
6. Share your regret
7. Never strike with your hand or slap in face
8. Reassume them of your love
The comment of never strike a child with your hand or in the face opens up another conversation of spanking which I will leave for another day.
Click here or see below for the video.