Why pornography is so harmful for children
Tough article to read but a really important one.
Pornography can be insidious and is always destructive. It is an ever-growing monster of an industry. Here are just a few startling statistics:
- According to PornHub, the word “teen” has topped the pornography mega-site’s search terms for over six years running. In 2018, more than 5,517,000,000 hours of porn were watched on the website, which received over 33,500,000,000 visits.
- Child porn is one of the fastest growing online businesses, with over 55% of victims just 10 years old or younger (IWF).
- Many studies have linked porn usage to higher instances of depression, anxiety, sexual aggression, sexual dysfunction, and other mental health issues (Truth About Porn).
- Married people who view pornography were found to be twice as likely to get divorced as those who don’t (Springer). Pornography use has been linked to permissive sexual attitudes and behaviors, including infidelity (National Institute of Health).
- Multiple studies have linked porn usage to a higher rate of sexual violence and abuse (Truth About Porn). Pornography usage has been linked to attitudes supportive of violence against women (National Institute of Health).
Click here for the entire article.