Please pray for me as I travel and speak at churches, conferences and camps throughout Canada and in to the US. This past year has also been a struggle for me as I began a struggle with anxiety. Please pray for my healing in this journey. For a greater list of prayer requests please join our prayer team please click "Home" and enter your email in the "Prayer Team Updates" on the bottom left.
We teach our kids to ask for help when they need it. As we watch our children mature we remind them, “If you ever need anything, just ask”. Yet as adults, when we really need help ourselves, we rarely ask for it. This is certainly true of me in my life. For years people have said to me, “If you ever want to do something but can't afford it, just ask”. There are a variety of reasons why I haven't directly asked for financial support until now, but let me be very clear: Now, I'm asking.
I have been the Director of Worlds Apart for nearly 16 years. In fact, in 2006 I left my teaching job to go into full-time ministry. To this day, my passion to see youth connect their ancient faith with a modern world motivates me to find better ways to bridge this gap. These past few years have been a challenging and exciting time for me, speaking to over 50,000 students, parents and youth leaders each year. Our website alone generates over 75,000 hits annually and yet I am one person, trying to keep up with this rapidly growing ministry all by myself. The resources are here but the funding is not. This letter is me asking, not for myself, but for the youth, parents and leaders in need.
1. The CRA has made a new incorporation act and we as a non-profit incorporation have to redo our bylaws. We need to raise $5000 for the legal fees for this update of our incorporation.
4. We are looking at raising $2500 for the upgrade of the brettullman.com, yourstory.info and worldsapart.org websites.
3. We are looking at finding 300 people who will support Worlds Apart at $120 a year. That is only $10 a month. With having a number of donor giving a small amount of money it will help us move forward in the work that we do.
4. I am also asking you to consider funding the recording of my newest talk, the.sex.talk. The.sex.talk is a full 1.5 hour conversation on sex and sexuality for students and parents. The filming, editing and printing of this talk will cost $4000.
5. I have also finished a new version of my Self Injury talk called Your Story : the wounding embrace 2.0. It is is a full 1.5 hour conversation on all forms of self injury from cutting, suicide, eating disorders as well as depression and anxiety. The filming, editing and printing of this talk will cost $4000.
6. As a Canadian statistics are very hard to find especially within our Christian community. I would like to put up a statistics site that can be used by a church, camp or conference before I come to speak. All these stats together can hopefully also allow us to see trends across Canada as well. This project with its design (questions designed by people who works in the stats world) and website creation will be approximatrly $7000.
7. Our charity needs to update our computer technology. Approximately $2500
Worlds Apart has the opportunity to reach tens of thousands of teens, parents and leaders across Canada every year. I am asking you to consider financially supporting us as we pursue the initiatives above.
Donations can be assigned to a specific project or simply directed to our charity for discretionary spending.
To donate online, click the CanadaHelps logo in the top right of this page
To donate by mail, make cheques payable to Worlds Apart and send them to Worlds Apart. 68 Ashbury Blvd, Ajax, Ontario, L1Z1M8
If you have any questions please email me at